Kristian Mumford
Friday, September 14, 2012♥
4:12 PM

simple and stunning Chantelle
Sonya

Such stunning effects of portraits is something which I had been striving to achieve in both traditional and digital media.

Each work is dynamic, the facial expressions and features are beautiful in each, yet they hold a form of individuality, expressing different emotions and feelings even with the eyes closed.

I have found myself trying to master drawing the most anatomically proportionate and aesthetically appealing face over the years of my art making. Yet, perhaps I have failed to realise how beauty can come in different forms and it is in such variations that make the features more realistic, and even more breathtaking.

I personally think that this artist's share of works bear some resemblance to my own, as I also like to embed fashion into portraiture. Also, I adore the way the artist had treated the paint, especially on the faces in terms of modelling the forms and applying the shadows and highlights. Clearly, there is still much for me to learn as an artist in terms of technique.


Labels:

0 comments

Comment! (: