Artworks - Speedpainting - Disintegration
Monday, September 10, 2012♥
4:39 PM

Disintegration, 1024x768px, 2nd February 2012

I will admit, I didn't draw this with the skull and morbidity in mind. It started off as a normal boy, but I had this sudden inspiration to inject in this idea. After all, I felt that a different twist to my artworks would do no harm, rather the concept had made it more interesting and dynamic than usual.

What makes this work different from my others is that this has probably the most detailed background I have worked on. On my others works, I have a great tendency to simply focus on the subject matter instead of the background afterwards. I had initially intended to do the same with this, however with a few tries it seemed to turn out better than expected and so I had retained it.

I very much like how the cool colors work against the warm red and yellow in the work and how the disintegration of the subject matter is in line with the direction of the clouds.

The disintegration and the revealing of the bones under the skin also show how youth or beauty is merely skin deep, eventually it'd all fade away, and what's under is merely white solid bones.

Labels:

0 comments

Comment! (: