Artwork - Steam Punk
Sunday, September 9, 2012♥
9:38 PM

Steam, Pencil on paper, 24 Dec 2011

Discovering this theme known as Steam Punk is probably one of the greatest things I have discovered in the course of my artistic journey. Being interested in the Victorian era style of floral motifs and fashion, it had a great impact on my subject matter for awhile. Yet, it had gotten old. Steampunk brings in a sense of detail and intricacy which felt like something that had been missing all the while.

Being very attracted to the high level of details demanded by this theme, I attempted at a work which featured a side profile of a woman with gears and other steampunk elements to make up her shape.

The gears, keys and wings were great to play around with to create a nice composition, but I did have to juggle between the highly intricate parts and the more simple elements to create the variation I was going for.

This also allowed me the opportunity to incorporate detailed drawings of accessories and elements into portraits.

Labels:

0 comments

Comment! (: