Artwork - KIMONO
Friday, September 7, 2012♥
3:58 PM


KIMONO

This post is largely overdue as this assignment was completed a year ago...
The Kimono itself is probably non-existent anymore, at this point I am thankful for all the photos I took.





This is some stamps on the Kimono which I made through a few wooden blocks I purchased from Daiso and stamping it in some paint before applying it on my Kimono. It was difficult to get all the paint on the block and leave a neat print, but the grungy effect was unexpectedly welcomed as well. 





For this part of my kimono, I bought white rope and then get some black rope from Jubilee. I dyed some of the white rope to reddish pink as shown in the picture. Although the ropes were already textured, I thought it'd create a more intricate effect when I braid them all together in contrasting colours, it looked well against the Kimono and fit in nicely.


A concept I adopted here for my Kimono is fans.  It has a wonderful 3 dimensional effect and it is simple to create. To make up for its simplicity in methodology, I came up with a fan pattern and folded the fans accordingly to fit in. The layering of the many fans put together created an all new effect and it was even better after I inked them. To colour the fans, I put diluted ink into the spray and sprayed them all over the completed fans to create a splattered and gradient effect on the fans. However I think it was too watery and it made the fans kind of flimsy. Luckily, it was better after it dried.


Finished work in display!


The front parts of my Kimono.
The obi was made out of fans as well


Labels:

0 comments

Comment! (: