Artwork - Clockwork
Sunday, September 9, 2012♥
9:48 PM

Clockwork, 26th Dec 2011, Pencil on paper
A continuation to my Steam Punk Series. I wanted to create one which has a frontal profile. While I find that the face and embellishments on the first one seemed much better, I think that the body area of this work looks more defined than that of the previous one as there is a greater consideration of the concept. Right at the center there is this angularly shaped container which represents the heart, with some sort of liquid of fuel inside. Around it, are the gears interlocking together working together in a system which is rather similar to how our biological bodies may work.

Also, I incorporated a flower, a rose into the composition of the headpiece of the character. I thought it was provided a different twist and element to that of the image. Being in pencil, it is not very clear to the viewer whether the flower is a real flower or one that is made of brass. Personally, I feel that it works both ways but I ought to put in an effort to have a clear stand to illustrate the flower in the preferred way such that it is clear even in a monotonous image.

Labels:

0 comments

Comment! (: