Artwork - Amalgamate
Friday, September 14, 2012♥
7:10 PM

Amalgamate, 2012, Pencil on paper edited with Photoshop CS6
Part of my steampunk series, I went ahead to create this, using more intricate details. Also, instead of defining out the 'biological' and 'mechanical' parts, I sought to fuse them more in this work, hence the title - Amalgamate.

Using pencil to line out the details and some shadings, I had to use Photoshop to edit it before I could upload it online. Like I would do to a digital painting, I highlighted the lighted areas of the face and darkened my line art. The background was white but I darkened it using Photoshop to allow the subject matter to stand out more, while saving my lead.

In this work, my favourite parts is the steampunk flower formed by victorian embellishments, gears etc, as well as the use of the fan. Having made use of the fan in some of my previous works such as my Kimono, I thought it would be interesting to see it in a steampunk work. What surprised me was that after manipulating the edges of the fan to make it blend in with the mechanics, it did not look weird, in fact it was a nice touch to the composition amongst the many details that surround it.
2 comments

Comment! (: