Artwork - Fashion Fiesta
Saturday, August 25, 2012♥
7:18 PM

A series of Fashion Designs I did when I was in Secondary 2, some of which had been displayed in the art gallery before when we did a mini exhibition project. 

This series was drawn on paper with pen and markers, scanned and edited with Photoshop.

During that time, I was immensely into the art of fashion, especially couture. The bolder, the more extravagant, the better. While my choice of colours were largely limited by the number of markers I had, the bold colours provided an extra edge to my designs. Back then, my drawing style was highly stylised as seen below with the elongated limbs and representational figures. Many of my friends had critiqued it as unreal, too skinny, but I was stubbornly insisted on it. Looking back, this stylisation, while unreal and 'too skinny', had to a certain extent, added to the charm of my past works. 







Labels:

0 comments

Comment! (: