Artworks - Speedpainting - Highlights
Tuesday, February 14, 2012♥
9:35 PM

Highlights, Digital Painting, 748x768px, 7 January 2012

In the version on the right, I tried experimenting with a more sketchy, anime like style. I wanted to see if such a style would suit me better than my usual style which would belong to the one on the left. 

With the one on the right, the bold outlines makes it look like a comic, at the same time providing more definition of the forms. The colours also seem to appear more vibrant due to its flatness and lack of blending. In a way, it is more stylised than my usual style.
However, the one on the left has more defined form, along with the highlights and shadows. There is also a shine in the hair.
Personally despite trying a new style, it is difficult for me to simply abandon my old tendencies, as I do not only find pleasure in viewing the final result of the artwork, I greatly enjoy the process as well. One of my favourite parts of drawing/colouring is in adding shadows and highlights to the subject matter, seemingly bringing it to life with each and every stroke. 
Hence, in adopting such a style on the right, there is not much opportunities to shade or highlight. However I will not completely disregard it, under certain circumstances I may still adopt this style to suit, but for now I will probably stick with my current style.

Labels:

0 comments

Comment! (: